We've heard so many good things about our banana bread protein muffins that we thought we should share another simple protein muffin recipe! These carrot cake muffins are made in one bowl and take about 30 minutes from start to finish. The recipe is simple enough that kids can help with every step. I give these to the kids as part of their breakfast or pack them in their lunches. They would also make a great snack for before or after sporting events or traveling in the car.
Prep time: 10 minutes | Bake time: 20 minutes | Total time: 30 minutes | Yields: 12 muffins
- 1 cup finely grated carrots
- 1 egg
- 1 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk (dairy milk will work just fine)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup brown sugar or coconut sugar (any granulated sugar of your choice)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 TBSP ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 cups Kodiak power cakes mix
- Preheat oven to 350 and lightly grease a muffin pan.
- Mix carrot, egg, milk, vanilla, sugar, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg together in a large mixing bowl.
- Stir power cakes mix into the wet ingredients until just combined.
- Pour batter evenly into the muffin pan then place in the center of the oven for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out dry.
- Let cool and enjoy!