I'm obsessed with lettuce wraps lately. I avoided them for too long all because I assumed they would never fill me up. I was surprised when I felt full for several hours after eating these Mediterranean wraps. I actually had no intention of even making wraps when I started the recipe. I pulled all the ingredients out to make a Mediterranean appetizer platter with salami but decided to try something new. I'm so glad I did! I even added some salami to a few of the wraps and that was amazingly delicious too.
Mediterranean Lettuce Wraps
Prep time: 5- 10 minutes | Yields: 12 wraps
- 1/2 a medium red onion, diced
- 1/2 a cucumber, quartered
- 10 grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives
- drizzle of EVOO
- drizzle of balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta
- butter leaf lettuce
- add 2 cups of cooked & shredded chicken
- add a 10 oz package of wild caught tuna
- add 2 cups cooked chickpeas, rinsed, drained, & dried
- Wash and dry all produce.
- Dice the onion, cut the tomatoes in half, cut the cucumber into quarters and place ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Slice the olives and add to the ingredients in the bowl.
- Drizzle a little olive oil and balsamic vinegar into the bowl, then add dried oregano. Stir ingredients until mixed together.
- Fill each piece of lettuce with the Mediterranean veggie mix. Sprinkle feta on top and gently fold/roll the lettuce like a taco. Enjoy!