I normally make healthy protein bites for the kids to snack on during the week, but I wanted to make something a little more fun since it was spring break around here. Henry wanted s'mores protein bars and Matilda wanted M&M cookie protein bars. I was thinking of ways to use M&M's and decided monster cookies would be the easiest recipe to make. The kids were more than happy with these creamy peanut butter M&M cookie dough bites! They are the perfect combination of sweet and salty!
Prep time: 7 minutes | Total time: 37 minutes | Yields: 18- 20 bites
- 1 cup gluten free oat flour
- 1 scoop collagen (substitute with vanilla or unflavored protein powder if you don't have collagen)
- 1/4 cup mini m&m's
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup natural creamy peanut butter (no sugar added!)
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Mix dry ingredients together in a small bowl. Set aside
- In a medium bowl, stir peanut butter, honey, and vanilla extract together.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. You will probably need to work/fold the ingredients together with your hands. The dough will be crumbly but will stick together as you form it into balls.
- Scoop one spoonful of dough out at a time and roll into bite sized protein balls. Place bites in a container.
- Refrigerate for 15- 30 minutes to set before eating- enjoy!