I normally make healthy protein bites for the kids to snack on during the week, but I wanted to make something a little more fun since it was spring break around here. Henry wanted s'mores protein bars and Matilda wanted M&M cookie protein bars. I was thinking of ways to use M&M's and decided monster cookies would be the easiest recipe to make. The kids were more than happy with these creamy peanut butter M&M cookie dough bites! They are the perfect combination of sweet and salty!
Prep time: 7 minutes | Total time: 37 minutes | Yields: 18- 20 bites
- Mix dry ingredients together in a small bowl. Set aside
- In a medium bowl, stir peanut butter, honey, and vanilla extract together.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. You will probably need to work/fold the ingredients together with your hands. The dough will be crumbly but will stick together as you form it into balls.
- Scoop one spoonful of dough out at a time and roll into bite sized protein balls. Place bites in a container.
- Refrigerate for 15- 30 minutes to set before eating- enjoy!
Today was meal prep day and the kids requested peanut butter protein bites for a snack. These 5 minutes & 5 ingredients chia seed peanut butter protein bites were just what they wanted! They were perfect for me too since they are simple and we had all the ingredients on hand. We make protein bites every week because they are cheaper than buying protein bars, they have better ingredients, and are perfect for our busy family! If you love these, try our s'mores protein bars or our chocolate chip cookie dough protein bites!
Prep time: 5 minutes | Total time: 5 minutes | Yields: 16 bites
- 10 Dates, pitted
- 1/3 C. Natural peanut butter
- 1/8 tsp. Pure vanilla extract
- 1 Scoop (1/4 C.) vanilla protein powder
- 1 TBSP. Chia seeds
- Blend dates, peanut butter, and vanilla extract together for 1 minute or until smooth (no chunks of dates).
- Scoop the peanut butter date dough out of the blender and place in a medium size mixing bowl.
- Stir in chia seeds and shape dough into bite sized balls. Place each ball in a container until you run out of dough.
- Put a lid on the container and refrigerate for at least an hour before eating.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Disclaimer: The material on this website is provided for educational purposes only and is not to be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. The conent of this site, its newsletters, information, and/or services is based on personal experience and opinions. Always consult your physician before beginning any exercise or nutrition program.
Our website may contain affiliate links. Clicking or purchasing something through these links does not cost you any extra. We may receive a small commission which helps us keep the recipes, workouts, and educational information you love coming!