Yesterday I posted a little hint on my Instagram... I have been keeping a secret and it's time to share the exciting news! One of my best friends/fellow blogger and I are creating a series of e-cookbooks! We will be releasing a mini holiday cookbook with healthier desserts and luscious "cleaner" cocktails in the next few weeks. We are having a blast and working hard in the kitchen to create these delicious recipes! Thanks for joining us during this wonderful time in our lives!
Please fill out this form to be notified when the cookbooks are released and to receive our mini cookbook for free when it's finalized!
Besides our exciting news, I wanted to share one of our favorite fall salad recipes! I'm trying to get as many Thanksgiving recipes out as possible before November. I like to plan our holiday meals in advance and I'm sure many of you do too! This is the perfect salad for a family gathering because you can prepare most of it the day before (or even a few days before). I like to cook the rice and squash in advance and leave it the fridge overnight so I can quickly toss everything together the next day.
- 1 shallot, diced (equals a little more than 1/2 cup)
- 1 TBSP apple cider vinegar
- 2 TBSP EVOO
- 1 TBSP pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- juice from half an orange (1 TBSP)
- 1 cup cooked butternut squash, cubed
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- 2 cups cooked wild rice
- 1/4 cup toasted walnuts, roughly chopped
- 2 cups mixed baby power greens (spinach, kale, etc)
- Dice shallot and place in a large salad bowl. Stir in vinegar, EVOO, maple syrup, salt, pepper, and orange juice.
- Toss the butternut squash, pomegranate seeds, wild rice, walnuts, and power greens into the dressing in the salad bowl.
TIP: You can buy frozen cubed butternut squash if you don't have time to cook one, skin it, and cube it yourself!