I've been working on our newest e-cookbook all weekend and it got me thinking about our last e-cookbook. This pasta salad recipe is included in our cookbook for healthy babies, toddlers, preschoolers, and the whole family really! I created this pasta salad for my daughter when she was one and it quickly became her favorite food. It wasn't long before I was doubling the recipe so our whole family could eat it for lunch every day. This recipe is so easy that I started making it for family dinners and everyone (seriously, everyone) wanted the recipe there too. When it was time to discuss which recipes to put in our cookbook with my business boo and co-author Whitney, I told her we HAD to include this pasta salad. I'm glad we did because I've heard some pretty great things about it!
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 10 minutes | Total time: 20 minutes | Serves: 2-3
- 1 cup cooked rotini noodles, cooled to room temperature
- 1/4 cup red onion, minced
- 10 grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1 cucumber, cut into small chunks
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 2- 4 TBSP pesto (depending on your taste)
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 small avocado*, cut into small chunks
- Cook the noodles according to the directions.
- While the noodles are cooking, mince the onion and cut the tomatoes and cucumber. Place onions, tomatoes, cucumbers and peas in a medium size mixing bowl. Stir the pesto into the vegetables.
- Stir the cooled noodles into the veggies, then add the pesto and avocado. Enjoy!
*Don't add the entire avocado if you're making this for meal prep. It will turn brown throughout the week. It's better to store the diced avocado with real lemon or lime juice in a separate container and add a little to each serving.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator
- Eat cold, do not reheat.