One of the healthiest decisions you can make in your kitchen is to blend your own salad dressings and marinades. Most store-bought dressings use cheap/processed oils and have tons of added sugars, syrups, and other artificial ingredients. Blending a few ingredients together doesn't take long and you'll have complete control over what ingredients you're getting. I make this basil vinaigrette pretty often in spring and summer. It's vibrant, flavorful, and will compliment almost any seasonal salad. I love this dressing drizzled over a cobb salad or tossed in a cold pasta & pea salad.
Prep time: 5 minutes | Total time: 5 minutes | Yields: 1/2 cup basil vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- juice from 1/2 a lemon
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 a shallot, minced (equals about 2 TBSP)
- 3 TBSP avocado oil or EVOO
- 1 TBSP apple cider vinegar
- few dashes of salt and pepper
- Put basil leaves, lemon juice, garlic, shallot, oil, and vinegar in a food processor. Blend for 30 seconds- 1 minute or until ingredients are pureed.
- Sprinkle a few dashes of salt and pepper into the dressing and that's it!
- Serve cold. Keep refrigerated.
- We use the single serve attachment that came with our Ninja Blender System for all salad dressings.